I – COOKIES
1 – Type of Cookies
2. A cookie consists of a small set of data transferred to the user’s browser from a web server and can only be read by the server that made the transfer. It is not executable code and does not transmit viruses.
3. Cookies do not record any personal information and any identifiable data will not be stored. If you wish, you can prevent some or all cookies from being saved. However, in this case your use of the site and its services may be impaired. To proceed without changing your cookie options, simply continue browsing.
Below are the types of cookies the site makes use of:
2 – Technical cookies
- There are numerous technologies used to store information on the user’s computer, which is then collected by sites. Of these, the best known and most widely used is HTML cookies. They are used for navigation and to facilitate the user’s access to and enjoyment of the site. They are necessary for the transmission of communications over an electronic network or for the provider to deliver the service requested by the customer.
- The settings to manage or disable cookies may vary depending on the Internet browser used. In any case, the user can manage or request the general deactivation or deletion of cookies by changing the settings of their internet browser. Such deactivation may slow down or prevent access to certain parts of the site.
- The use of technical cookies enables the safe and efficient use of the site.
- Cookies that are placed in your browser and relayed through Google Analytics or through blogger’s statistics service or similar are technical only if they are used for site optimization purposes directly by the site owner, who may collect information in aggregate form on the number of users and how they visit the site. Under these conditions, the same rules, regarding information and consent, as for technical cookies apply to analytics cookies.
- From the point of view of duration, a distinction can be made between temporary session cookies, which are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session and are used to identify the user and thus avoid logging in on each page visited, and permanent ones, which remain active in the pc until they expire or are deleted by the user.
- Session cookies may be installed in order to allow access and stay in the restricted area of the portal as an authenticated user.
- They are not stored persistently but exclusively for the duration of navigation until the browser is closed and vanish when the browser is closed. Their use is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers consisting of random numbers generated by the server necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the site.
3 – Third-party cookies
- In relation to origin, we distinguish between cookies sent to the browser directly from the site you are visiting and third-party cookies sent to your computer from other sites and not from the one you are visiting.
- Persistent cookies are often third-party cookies.
- Most third-party cookies are tracking cookies used to detect online behavior, understand interests, and then personalize advertising propositions for users.
- Third-party analytical cookies may be installed. They are sent from domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the site.
- Third-party analytical cookies are used to detect information about user behavior on Rome Is Love. The detection is done anonymously in order to monitor performance and improve the usability of the site. Third-party profiling cookies are used to create profiles related to users, in order to propose advertising messages in line with the choices manifested by the users themselves.
- The use of these cookies is governed by the rules prepared by the third parties themselves, therefore, users are invited to read the privacy notices and directions for managing or disabling cookies published on the relevant web pages.
4 – Profiling cookies
1. Profiling cookies are those to create profiles related to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the web.
2. When using these types of cookies, the user must give explicit consent.
3. Article 22 of EU Regulation 2016/679 and Article 122 of the Data Protection Code will apply.
Remember that you can manage all previously described cookies through your browser settings, depending on the one you use:
II –DATA PROCESSED
1 – Data processing mode
Like all Web sites, this site also makes use of log files in which information collected in an automated manner during user visits is stored. The information collected could be as follows:
– internet protocol (IP) address;
– browser type and parameters of the device used to connect to the site;
– name of the internet service provider (ISP);
– date and time of visit;
– visitor’s origin (referral) and exit web page;
– possibly the number of clicks.
2. The above information is processed in automated form and collected in aggregate form only in order to verify the proper functioning of the site, and for security reasons. This information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the owner.
3. For security purposes (spam filters, firewalls, virus detection), automatically recorded data may possibly also include personal data such as the Ip address, which could be used, in accordance with the relevant laws, in order to block attempts to damage the site itself or to harm other users, or otherwise harmful or criminal activities. Such data is never used for user identification or profiling, but only for the purpose of protecting the site and its users, such information will be processed according to the legitimate interests of the owner.
5. The information that users of the site will consider to make public through the services and tools made available to them, is provided by the user knowingly and voluntarily, exempting this site from any liability regarding possible violations of laws. It is up to the user to verify that he or she has permissions to enter personal data of third parties or content protected by national and international regulations.
2 – Purpose of data processing
- The data collected by the site during its operation are used for the purposes stated above and will be stored for the period strictly necessary to achieve these purposes and in any case not more than 2 years.
- The data used for security purposes (blocking attempts to damage the site) are kept for the time strictly necessary to achieve the previously stated purpose.
3 – Data provided by the user
1. As indicated above, the optional, explicit and voluntary sending of electronic mail to the addresses indicated on this site involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the message.
2. Specific summary information will be progressively reported or displayed on the pages of the site set up for particular services on request.
4 – Support in configuring your browser
1. You can also manage cookies through your browser settings. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for the site.
2. For more information and support you can also visit the specific help page of the web browser you are using:
– Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
– Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
– Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
– Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
– Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
5 – Social Network Plugin
2. The collection and use of information obtained by means of the plugin is governed by the respective privacy policies of the social networks, to which please refer:
You can edit your consents by clicking here
Users are encouraged to consult the Disclaimer page of this site.